Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Post Script

The rally yesterday was very successful. The fire marshal closed the doors after 8,800 had entered; many were turned away. The Governor whipped up the crowd like dad whips boiled potatos. At one point she was yelled at by a protester. She stopped her speech, leaned on the podium as she turned to the left and said, "Ya know sir, my son's fighting in Iraq right now so you have the right to yell like that." The crowd went wild and the rowdy man piped down for a while. It reminded me of the time mom confronted Mr. Branch.

After the rally, we motorcaded to the airport so the Governor could fly to the next city. When we got there, it was POURING rain. I jumped onto the tarmac and directed the bus and van carrying the press corps as close to the air stairs as possible, to ensure the press wouldn't get wet as they boarded. In the meantime, the rain soaked through all of my clothes.

After changing, I realized I missed my flight to Moline, IL, so instead I flew to DC for the night via Charlotte. (Charlotte has a great yogurt stand in the airport food court, FYI.) Arrived DC at 11:00pm. Left DC at 11:00am. Now in Atlanta, en route Moline. Should get there by 2:15pm.

Over and out.

1 comment:

katharine said...

Love this, jonny! Thanks!